Here at Jesmond Natural Health and Fertility, in Newcastle, we have extensive experience of supporting couples going through the IVF process. Acupuncture, Herbs, Nutrition and Abdominal Massage can be used to prepare the body before a cycle begins and other than herbal medicine can be continued throughout your cycle.
Some of the potential benefits include:
- Alleviates the side effects of the medical treatments and improves response to hormonal stimulation.
- Helps to reduce the stress and tension faced by patients going through the different procedures.
- Improve blood flow to the pelvic organs improving chances for successful implantation.
We are flexible with egg collection/egg transfer bookings and by working as a team we are able to provide maximum support to our patients during an IVF cycle.
If you have undergone a failed round of IVF or you are about to embark on your first round, we recommend the following:
3 months before start of IVF
Ideally we will see you three months before you start your round of IVF. Here we will do a fertility review, make a TCM diagnosis and plan a course of treatment in the lead up to the start of IVF.
Weekly sessions to encourage the thinning of the endometrial lining and to help reduce side effects of the drugs.
Stimming/Up Cycle/Egg Collection
Weekly sessions to support follicle growth and improve circulation and to relax the body for egg collection.
On the day of transfer we recommend two sessions of acupuncture:
- Pre-transfer to improve blood flow to the uterus, relax the cervix and prepare the body to receive embryos.
- Post-transfer to encourage circulation, relax the uterus and aid implantation.
Two week wait
An optional session of acupuncture can be used in this period to support implantation and relax the body and mind.
As with IVF, we recommend beginning treatment three months before the planned date of the IUI round. Here we will do a fertility review, make a TCM diagnosis and plan a course of treatment in the lead up to the day of insemination. Acupuncture is then recommended 6-8 days post insemination.